This page contains affiliate links to products I love. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
You know what sounds good right now? Brownies. Brownies always sound good. And to kick it up a notch, let’s make them double chocolate vegan brownies, because if you’re making brownies, then your probably love chocolate, right?
These double chocolate vegan brownies are fudgey deliciousness – the perfect treat for movie night, the perfect dessert for a dinner party, and the perfect birthday cake replacement.
It may be easier to make brownies from a box, but once you make home-made brownies with cake flour and vegan chocolate chunks, you won’t ever go back.
Cream the Earth Balance until smooth. Then add flax eggs (or applesauce), sugar, and vanilla. It will look a bit speckled from the flax meal – don’t be alarmed.
Then, add the dry ingredients. I prefer to use Bob’s Red Mill Cake Flour, but any cake flour will do. Once the batter is mixed well, then add 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips/chunks. Enjoy Life’s Mega Chunks are my favorite to make these brownies extra chocolatey.
Next, add batter to a greased 9×13 pan. If you halve the recipe, a 9×9 pan works perfectly. Add remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips/chunks to the top of the brownie batter. You’re ready to put it in the oven!
Bake for 32 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, and dig in!
Let me know how you liked them in the comments below.
Double Chocolate Vegan Brownies
- 1 cup Earth Balance any vegan margarine will do
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 flax eggs 4 tbsp flax meal, 10 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make flax egg. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine all purpose flour, cake flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Gently whisk and set aside.
- Cream softened Earth Balance with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix together with a spoon.
- Add 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips to batter and mix.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 pan (glass works best).
- Cover top of brownie batter with remaining 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips.
- Bake for 32 minutes. Let cool and serve.